Effective Date: July 7, 2023
1. Purposes of Processing
What is personal information?
In this Policy, “personal information” refers to information that can identify, relate to, describe, be reasonably linked to, or be used to associate with a particular consumer or household. This includes various categories of information such as your name, address, email address, phone number, IP address, location data, professional or employment-related information, education information, preferences, and characteristics.
Why do we need your personal information?
We require certain personal information to provide you with access to the Site and deliver services through the Site. We process your personal information in compliance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. By submitting information through the Site, you consent to the collection, processing, and retention of your personal information as described in this Policy. If you do not agree to our use of your personal information as outlined in this Policy, please refrain from using our Site.
2. Collecting Your Personal Information
We collect information about you in the following ways:
Information You Provide: This includes the information you provide when submitting an application on our Site, interacting with us via our Site’s live chat feature, reporting a problem with our Site, requesting services, searching for jobs or signing up for a career consultation, and corresponding with us by phone, email, or other means.
Information from Social Networking Sites: If you connect to a social networking site (SNS) through our Site, we may access, use, and store the information that you agreed the SNS could provide to us based on your SNS settings. We will handle this information in accordance with this Policy. You can revoke our access to this information at any time by amending the settings within your SNS account.
Information Automatically Collected: When you access our Site, we and our service providers automatically collect information about you and your device. This may include details such as your device’s operating system, browser type, IP address, website visited before reaching our Site, pages viewed, and other information about your use of the Site. We collect this information using browser navigational tools, cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies.
What are cookies?
We may collect information using “cookies,” which are small data files stored on your computer or mobile device by a website. We use session cookies and persistent cookies to provide you with a personalized and interactive experience on our Site.
Types of cookies we use:
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are necessary to provide you with services on our Site, such as secure logins and quick loading of content you request.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies remember your preferences and choices on our Site, enhancing your user experience by eliminating the need to re-enter information.
- Analytics and Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about traffic to our Site and how users interact with it. We use this data to improve our Site, analyze demographics, and monitor activity levels.
- Targeted and Advertising Cookies: These cookies track your browsing habits to display relevant advertisements based on your interests.
- Social Media Cookies: These cookies are used when you share information or engage with our content through social media platforms.
- Managing cookies: You can typically accept or reject cookies by adjusting your browser settings. However, please note that disabling cookies may result in some features of our Site not functioning properly.
4. Using Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Operating, maintaining, and improving our Site, products, and services.
- Processing and fulfilling your requested transactions or providing services.
- Managing your account and communicating with you about it.
- Understanding how users interact with our Site through tools like Google Analytics.
- Conducting market research and evaluating user interest in our services.
- Operating our referral program.
- Responding to your inquiries, providing customer service, and verifying information.
- Sending you technical notices, updates, and marketing communications.
- Complying with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Protecting our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and preventing fraud or illegal activities.
Additionally, we may use non-personally identifiable information, suggestions, comments, and ideas for various purposes, including product and service development, as permitted by applicable law. We may combine, aggregate, or de-identify the information we collect from you with other data sources and use it for product and service improvement.
5. Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information to third parties for business or commercial purposes. However, we may disclose your personal information as described below:
With your consent: We may disclose your personal information to third parties when you have provided your consent.
- Service Providers: We may share your personal information with trusted third-party service providers who assist us in data analysis, payment processing, IT infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and similar services. These providers are only granted access to the information necessary for performing their functions and are required to protect its confidentiality and security.
- Business Transfers or Assignments: If we reorganize or divest part or all of our business, including our databases and websites, we may transfer your personal information to a third party. In such cases, we will ensure the protection of your personal information through appropriate agreements.
- Other Third Parties: We may disclose personal information to third parties in connection with interactive features on our Site or when using cookies, pixels, web server data, or other technologies.
- Legal and Regulatory: We may disclose your personal information to comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or government requests. We may also disclose personal information to protect our customers, the public, ourselves, or others, or to enforce our Terms and Conditions.
6. Third-Party Sites
7. International Data Transfers
The Site is operated from the United States and is intended for users in the United States. By using the Site and providing your personal information, you agree to the transfer, storage, and processing of your information outside of your country of residence. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipients of your personal information handle it securely and in accordance with this Policy.
We employ reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect your personal information. However, no transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be completely secure. If you believe your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately.
9. Data Retention
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with access to the Site, deliver requested services, or until you close your account/subscription. If a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will comply with those requirements.
10. Children’s Privacy
Our Site and services are not directed at children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child without parental consent, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we may have collected information from a child without parental consent, please contact us using the information provided below.
11. Your Rights
You have the right to update, correct, or opt out of receiving certain communications from us. You may contact us to exercise these rights or make changes to your personal information. We will make reasonable efforts to comply with your requests in a timely manner.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us, you can unsubscribe by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the emails. If you no longer wish to receive marketing text messages from us, you can unsubscribe by replying STOP.
12. Contacting Us
Additional State Privacy Notices for United States Residents
A. Privacy Notice for California Residents
California Consumer Privacy Act Notice for California Residents
This notice provides information on our practices regarding the collection, use, disclosure, and sale of personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). It also outlines your rights as a California resident and provides instructions for submitting data privacy requests.
1. Categories of Personal Information Collected:
In the past 12 months, we may have collected the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers, such as name, address, email address, account name, phone number, and others
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as age and gender.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our websites.
- Geolocation data, such as device location.
- Audio information, such as call recordings when contacting customer service representatives.
- Professional or employment-related information of healthcare professionals, such as work history and education information.
- Education information subject to the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
- Inferences drawn from the above information to create a profile or summary about preferences and characteristics.
2. Sources of Personal Information:
We collect personal information directly from California residents, as well as from joint marketing partners, public databases, providers of demographic data, publications, professional organizations, social media platforms, and other third parties.
3. Purposes of Collection and Disclosure:
We may use the collected personal information for various business purposes, including operating, managing, and maintaining our business, providing products and services, employment purposes, research and analytics, marketing, data analysis, security controls, fraud prevention, compliance, record-keeping, and legal claims.
We may disclose personal information to our affiliates and trusted third parties, such as service providers, for business operational purposes.
4. Sale of Personal Information:
We do not sell personal information about California residents. The term “sale” refers to the disclosure of personal information to a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
5. Your Rights:
As a California resident, you have the following rights regarding your personal information:
- Right to Know: You can request information about the categories of personal information collected, sources, business purposes, and categories of third parties with whom the information is shared.
- Right to Copy: You can request a copy of the specific pieces of personal information collected about you in the past 12 months.
- Right to Deletion: You can request the deletion of personal information collected from you.
6. Submitting Data Privacy Requests:
To exercise your rights, you can submit a request for disclosure or deletion of personal information by contacting us at email@example.com or by calling 800-403-5975.
We may ask for information to verify your identity and may decline your request if certain exceptions apply.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your CCPA rights. This includes denying goods or services, charging different prices or rates, or providing a different level of quality.
B. Privacy Notice for Nevada Residents
Under Nevada law, we do not sell covered information. If you are a Nevada resident, you have the right to direct us not to sell or license your personal information to third parties. To exercise this right, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.